▪ Why I Don't Want to Be a Queer Book Detective (Although I Still Want to Be Harriet the Spy): "I don’t want the priority reading audience for our books to be non-queers. I don’t want them to be palatable to straight and cisgendered people. I don’t want publishers to have their cake and eat it too: slyly de-queer the book to appeal to cis/straight audiences and assume LGBTQ folks will figure it out and buy the book too."
▪ The Government Can't Stop Our Heterosexual Love: YA Dystopia From A Gay Perspective -- hear hear yet again!
▪ Maureen Johnson Calls For An End to Gendered Book Covers with An Amazing Challenge
▪ The World's Grumpiest Traveler - just look at all that joy!
▪ Evolution of Cover Art for 12 Queer Books - hee, I always love looking at stuff like this -- what changes and what stays the same.
Send me a fetish and I'll rate it:
no | rather not | I dunno | I guess | sure | yes | FUCK yes | oh god you don’t even know